Give your employees the tools to deal with stress
In an average day, your employees may feel stress related to their family, job, money, or health. They may be worried about the economy or feel anxious due to market volatility and the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19). There are things you can do to help.
The benefits of an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
An EAP can help your employees deal with the stress they’re feeling. Many plans offer highly trained clinicians that are available 24/7 to listen confidentially to their concerns and help them and their family members with the issues they face. They can also get referrals and resources to:
- Help with work-life solutions such as finding child or elder care, hiring movers, or locate pet care
- Talk to an attorney about legal issues, including divorce, adoption, wills and trusts
- Speak to a financial expert about retirement planning, taxes, insurance, debt, and more
- Repair their credit and good name after identity theft
Ask your Life or Disability representative about options to offer an EAP.
Offer a way to identify their stressors and find a path to a calmer life.
Equitable also offers employees access to a simple, online tool to help them identify their priorities in life and find a clear path to the things that need more attention and might be causing them stress. They can access the tool here: Holistic Life Planning.
The tool starts by asking individuals questions about the three main building blocks to a balanced life:
- Purpose – Finding purpose can give your life deeper meaning and connect you to something bigger than yourself.
- Lifestyle – Your lifestyle choices have a profound impact on your relationships, job, hobbies, and goals for the future, making them a necessary part of your plan for future financial freedom.
- Finances – We’re not just talking about money. Your personal needs, goals and responsibilities are key to finding your way to financial security.
How your employees respond to the questions will allow the tool to provide them with specific guidance, helping them see the way to a better, happier life.
April is Stress Awareness Month.
This is the perfect time to reach out to your employees and offer them tips to deal with the stress they might be feeling. Excess stress can be debilitating and can cause or aggravate health problems in people of all ages.
To learn more, visit https://nationaltoday.com/stress-awareness-month/.
We’re all feeling it.
Experts suggest these ways to deal with stress:
- Practice meditation
- Exercise on a daily basis
- Visit your doctor