Equitable Advantage Maxsm
Why choose Equitable Advantage Maxsm?
With Equitable Advantage Maxsm, it’s not just what you build that matters — it’s what you keep. By including tax-free income from cash value life insurance, you can help keep clients’ tax brackets down in retirement and enjoy many of the benefits of a Roth IRA, without the contribution limits or withdrawal requirements. Equitable Advantage Maxsm includes built-in efficiencies to shorten the entire purchasing experience to just 48 hours.
A potential tax-free strategy
Instead of drawing income from investments that are fully or partially taxed during retirement, your clients can help keep their tax bracket down by integrating tax-free income from cash value life insurance into the mix.1
Many of the same benefits as a Roth IRA
Equitable Advantage Maxsm offers tax-deferred growth and tax-free income, but has no income contribution limits, no 10% IRS penalty for withdrawals before age 59½ and no required minimum distributions.
An efficient experience from beginning to end
Efficiencies we’ve built into the system — no labs or exams, optimized illustrations and a streamlined eApp platform — shorten the entire experience to just 48 hours, supporting an enhanced, and smoother, client experience.
Things to think about before moving ahead:
While there are similarities between a Roth IRA and cash value life insurance, there are also differences. A Roth IRA is an IRS plan designed to facilitate retirement savings. Cash value life insurance is a contract that builds value and provides a death benefit backed by the claims-paying abilities of the issuing life insurance company. Carefully review all the features, benefits and costs of a cash value life insurance policy with your clients before making a purchase.
- If your client’s life insurance policy lapses, they will lose the death benefit and may lose substantial money in the early years.
- To be effective, your clients need to hold the policy until death. A life insurance policy generally takes years to build up a substantial cash value.
- Tax-free distributions will reduce the cash value and death benefit of the policy. Your clients may need to pay higher premiums in the later years to keep the policy from lapsing.
- Your clients must qualify medically and financially for life insurance, unlike a Roth IRA.
Download or email to clients
- Asset Characteristics-Tax Facts
- Asset Location Client Brochure
- Equitable Advantage Maxsm Client Brochure
- Equitable Advantage Maxsm Client Presentation
- Equitable Advantage Maxsm Roth IRA Alternative
- Embracing distribution planning with a tax-free strategy by David McKnight
- Managing Your Tax Bracket ($100K)
- Managing Your Tax Bracket ($350K)
- Managing Tax-Rate Uncertainty Flyer
- Market Stabilizer Options® Client brochure
- Permanent life insurance client brochure
- Tax-Efficient Retirement Income (7702 tax-wrapper)
- VUL Investment Options Brochure
- VUL Investment Series Flyer
Prospectus and Supplements
With Equitable Advantage Maxsm, you can close sales faster than you thought possible with life insurance. The entire purchasing experience is just 48 hours and includes no labs or exams requirements, optimized illustrations and streamlined eApp platform — all of which give your client an enhanced experience.
- Name, age, gender and state residency
- Payment amount, duration and premium mode
- Tax bracket
- Asset allocation, rate of return assumption and years/age they want income for projection purposes
You will submit the electronic application, send it to your client for them to complete the short medical and personal history questions and sign the application.
The policy will be issued electronically to you and your client.
Provides more than 85 investment options to help investors plan for a long-term growth strategy:
- Wide selection of index options make investing simpler.
- Asset allocation options — from conservative to aggressive — for the less active investor.
- More than 65 additional equity and fixed income options offering access to some of the best money managers in the world.
Helps investors stay the course during market downturns with our Market Stabilizer Option® II Indexed Options:
- When your clients need a more conservative allocation strategy to help manage market volatility, like when they are nearing retirement, our innovative Market Stabilizer Option® II Indexed Options can help. These indexed options provide rates of return tied to the performance of the S&P 500® Price Return Index and offer varying levels of downside protection with the potential for growth opportunities in up or down markets.
Equitable Advantage Maxsm in action
- Age 40
- Two children
- Annual Income $250,000
Goal: Lee is a saver. He puts money in his taxable brokerage account and contributes the maximum to his employer’s tax-deferred 401(k) plan. He needs additional life insurance for himself to protect his two children — Emily, age 6, and Bradley, age 9. He would also like a way to save in a tax-free account, to keep his taxes down when he retires, but makes too much money to contribute to a Roth IRA. Working with his financial professional, Lee decides to get an Equitable Advantage Maxsm policy.
In his working years: Lee maximizes his premium contributions to Equitable Advantage Maxsm. This provides the potential to maximize the cash value, which grows tax-deferred.
Generate tax-free income
In retirement: When Lee is ready to retire, he can help keep his tax bracket down, by integrating tax-free income from cash value life insurance into his portfolio. This way he can help control his taxes and live more comfortably in retirement.
Leaving a legacy
For his children: Equitable Advantage Maxsm will provide for his children with an income tax-free death benefit as long as the policy is inforce.
- May be a more financially sophisticated investor
- Age 20-55
- Looking for cost-effective life insurance protection
- Prefers an active to semi-active investment approach, with the ability to buy and sell when necessary
- Is comfortable making investment decisions and selecting variable investment options
- Is willing to accept market volatility, including the loss of principal invested, to achieve potentially higher investment returns
- Wants to fully participate in the market’s growth potential
- Wants access to cash for future needs
Optional riders available at an additional charge:
- Market Stabilizer Option® II Indexed Options (charge only if exercised)
- Policy Continuation Rider (charge only if exercised)
Optional riders available at no additional charge:
- Charitable Legacy Rider®
Riders automatically included at no additional charge:
- Living Benefits Rider (charge only if exercised)
- No-Lapse Guarantee
1Under current federal tax rules, clients generally may take income tax-free partial withdrawals under a life insurance policy that is not a modified endowment contract (MEC), up to the basis in their contract. Additional amounts are includible in income. The IRS places a limit on how much money can go into life insurance premiums for the policy and how quickly such premiums can be paid in order for the policy to retail all of its tax benefits. If certain limits are exceeded, a MEC results. MEC policyholders may be subject to taxes on distributions on an income-first basis, that is, to the extent there is gain in their policies, and penalties, and a 10% penalty on any taxable amount if they are not age 59½ or older.
2 All riders are subject to the terms and conditions of the rider. All riders may not be available in all jurisdictions. Some states may vary the terms and conditions. There may be an additional charge associated with obtaining certain riders. Some riders may not be available in combination with other riders and/or policy features.
Equitable Advantage Maxsm is a Equitable Advantagesm policy with a select underwriting class. Equitable Advantage Maxsm allows potential insureds to qualify for a select underwriting class without labs, exams or attending physician statement (APS). Traditional underwriting that may require additional items or information such as labs, exams or APS is also available, which may result in a better or worse underwriting class. Equitable Advantage Maxsm may not be available in all jurisdictions.
Equitable Advantage Maxsm may not be available in all jurisdictions. Some states may vary the terms and conditions.
Equitable Advantagesm, a flexible premium variable life insurance policy, is issued in New York and Puerto Rico by Equitable Financial Life Insurance Company (Equitable Financial), NY, NY 10105; and in all other jurisdictions by affiliate Equitable Financial Life Insurance Company of America (Equitable America), an Arizona stock corporation. Equitable America is not licensed to conduct business in NY and PR. Co-distributed by affiliates Equitable Advisors, LLC (member FINRA, SIPC) (Equitable Financial Advisors in MI & TN) and Equitable Distributors, LLC, both located at 1345 Avenue of the Americas, NY, NY 10105. When sold by New York based (i.e. domiciled) Equitable Advisors Financial Professionals Equitable Advantagesm is issued by Equitable Financial Life Insurance Company. Equitable Financial, Equitable America, Equitable Advisors, LLC and Equitable Distributors, LLC are direct and indirect subsidiaries of Equitable Holdings, Inc. and do not provide tax or legal advice. Certain types of policies, features and benefits may not be available in all jurisdictions or may be different. This policy has limitations. For costs and more complete details of coverage, refer to the product specifications.
A life insurance policy is backed solely by the claims-paying ability of the issuing life insurance company. It is not backed by the broker/dealer or insurance agency through which the life insurance policy is purchased or by any affiliates of those entities, and none makes any representations or guarantees regarding the claims-paying ability of the issuing life insurance company.
Equitable Advantagesm is sold by prospectus only. The prospectus contains complete information on investment options, fees, and charges and expenses. Clients should read the current prospectus before investing or sending money.