Connecticut Paid Family and Medical Leave (CT PFML)
CT PFML is a statewide program that will allow eligible employees paid time off for various reasons, including:
- Recovering from an employee's own serious health condition (including serving as an organ or bone marrow donor).
- Caring for a family member with a serious health condition.
- Bonding with a new child (through birth, foster care or adoption).
- Attending to a qualifying military event.
- Caring for a family member who is an injured service member.
- Addressing issues related to family violence
Covered family members include spouses, children, parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings, and individuals related by blood or affinity whose close association to the employee shows the equivalent of a familial relationship.
Most Connecticut employers are required to participate. Exceptions include self-employed individuals, municipal employers, and non-public elementary and secondary schools. An employer can satisfy their obligations through the state plan or a private plan.