Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave (MA PFML)
The MA PFML was signed into law on June 28, 2018, with benefits becoming available to employees on January 1, 2021. All employers (with some exceptions) are required to provide MA PFML coverage to their employees.
MA PFML overview flyer
Frequently asked questions
How to file a claim
How to file a claim (Spanish)
MA DFML homepage
Employers guide to MA PFML
Employer exemption process
MA PFML Volume Calculator 2023
- Recovering from an employee's own serious health condition.
- Caring for a family member with a serious health condition.
- Bonding with a new child (through birth, foster care or adoption).
- Attending to a qualifying military event.
- Caring for a family member who is an injured service member.