Equitable VULs with the Market Stabilizer Option® II
Guiding clients through times of uncertainty
Equitable has a history of life insurance innovation. We pioneered variable life insurance and were the first to offer variable universal life insurance with a buffered investment option with our Market Stabilizer Option®, designed to help clients manage market volatility.
Today, clients are still facing market volatility along with record-high inflation rates and rising interest rates, making it harder for them to feel confident about their future and providing death benefit protection for their loved ones. That’s where an Equitable VUL with our unique Market Stabilizer Option® II (MSO II) Indexed Options can help.
Downside protection with upside potential in up or down markets
The MSO II Indexed Options track the S&P 500® Price Return Index (without dividends) and offer varying levels of downside protection with the potential for growth opportunities in various market conditions – keeping your clients invested and helping them reduce losses and breakeven faster during market declines.
The MSO II Indexed Options are available for new issues of VUL Optimizer®, VUL Optimizer® Max, COIL Institutional Seriessm, VUL Legacy® and Equitable Advantage Maxsm policies, and are subject to state approvals1.
The MSO II Indexed Options offer the following benefits to your clients:
Choice: Five MSO II Indexed Options provide clients with varying levels of downside protection buffers combined with the potential for positive returns when the market is flat, up or down.
Flexibility: It’s like having two products in one: your clients get indexed options that provide varying levels of downside protection buffers along with over 85 variable investment options that offer uncapped upside potential. There is investment risk for your clients, including the possible loss of principal invested.
Protection: The MSO II Indexed Options offer three different downside protection buffers ranging from -10% to -20%.
Below, you'll find resources you can share with your clients to start the conversation about market volatility.
- MSO II brochure: Use in all states except CA, DC, IN, IA, KS, MA, MD, MN, NJ, NY, OR, PA, PR, VA, WA
- MSO brochure: Only use in CA, DC, IN, IA, KS, MA, MD, MN, NJ, NY, OR, PA, PR, VA, WA
- MSO brochure for Equitable Advantage Maxsm: Use only in CA, DC, IN, IA, KS, MA, MD, MN, NJ, NY, OR, PA, PR, VA, WA
- Addressing market volatility concerns flyer
- ALI and Equitable cobranded article on 5 questions clients should ask about market volatility
- Downturns and recoveries: A Morningstar report
- Emotional cycle of the market flyer
- Equitable strengths and stability
- What can Time teach us about investing? brochure
- Worried about volatility? flyer