Life Insurance Awareness Month (LIAM)
September is Life Insurance Awareness Month – a perfect time to have a conversation with your clients about the living benefits of permanent life insurance. Especially with COVID-19 so prevalent in our world these days. As your clients think about their future, consider talking with them about adding life insurance to their financial plan to help them live more for today, keep more of the money they earn and build more over time. Use the materials below to start powerful and moving conversations with clients.
5 Top topics at the dinner table
American families are having deep and meaningful conversations about mortality and financial planning. The top five topics that have dominated dinner table discussions are2:
- Wills and inheritance – 33%
- Current health issues and concerns – 32%
- Life insurance coverage – 30%
- Current financial status – 29%
- Emergency savings – 27%
Helping clients protect what matters
When clients hear the words “life insurance” they probably think term life insurance. But permanent life policies offer ways to help protect families, and have the potential to accumulate tax-deferred cash value over time*. Equitable has the resources you need to educate and inform clients about the benefits of permanent life insurance.
Let's build a plan, together
Equitable and Life Happens have compiled relevant and powerful life insurance content for Life Insurance Awareness Month (LIAM) in September to address these top-of-mind topics. Leverage the tools below to:
- Start conversations with your clients
- Bring attention to the importance of life insurance
- Help clients face their futures with confidence
Contact our sales team to learn how we can help.
- Flyer: The Living Benefits of Life Insurance
- Flyer: Protecting the Future: Real Life Stories
- Article: How much life insurance do you need?
- Web Article: More than a financial security benefit for family: using life insurance in retirement
- Video: Permanent Life Insurance
- Family discussion guide: Share your love
- Permanent Life Insurance Brochure: Prepare for the Future, Live for Today
Financial Professional materials
- 2022 Barometer Report
- How to overcome objections to permanent life insurance
- White Paper: The New Language of Permanent Life Insurance
- Presentation: The New Language of Permanent Life Insurance
1 2022 Insurance Barometer Study, by Life Happens and LIMRA
Loans and withdrawals reduce the policy's cash value and death benefit and may increase the chance a policy may lapse. The client may need to pay higher premiums in later years to keep the policy from lapsing.
Life insurance products are issued by Equitable Financial Life Insurance Company (New York, NY) or Equitable Financial Life Insurance Company of America, an Arizona Stock Corporation with its main administration office in Jersey City, NJ and co-distributed by affiliates Equitable Network, LLC (Equitable Network Insurance Agency of California in CA; Equitable Network Insurance Agency of Utah in UT; Equitable Network of Puerto Rico, Inc. in PR) and Equitable Distributors, LLC., New York, NY.
Equitable is the brand name of the retirement and protection subsidiaries of Equitable Holdings, Inc., including Equitable Financial Life Insurance Company (NY, NY), Equitable Financial Life Insurance Company of America, an AZ stock company with main administrative headquarters in Jersey City, NJ, and Equitable Distributors, LLC. Equitable Advisors is the brand name of Equitable Advisors, LLC (member FINRA, SIPC) (Equitable Financial Advisors in MI and TN), and Equitable Distributors, LLC.
The obligations of Equitable Financial Life Insurance Company and Equitable Financial Life Insurance Company of America are backed solely by their claims paying ability.
FOR FINANCIAL PROFESSIONAL/ INTERNAL USE ONLY
© 2020 Equitable Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.