Individual retirement accounts
Immediate tax benefits and asset accumulation
Why Equitable advisors for your IRA
Equitable advisors offers a wealth of benefits to help your IRA assets have the potential to grow and to help you monitor the progress of your account through:
- Monthly consolidated statements for active accounts
- The ability to determine unrealized and realized gains and losses at a glance.
- The monthly consolidated IRA statement delineates contributions and investment earnings and also helps you track all activity on your account.
- Automatic sweep of idle cash into your choice of several money market funds. This means dividends from stocks, interest from bonds, contributions, proceeds of securities sales and other cash. With an Equitable advisors IRA, your cash is always working toward your retirement.
- Tax reporting as required by the IRS.
- Continuous record keeping and account maintenance.
- Direct rollover transfers from SEPs to help participants avoid the 20% withholding upon distribution.
- A wide variety of funding vehicles, including mutual funds, that enable you to execute investment strategies that range from conservative to aggressive.
And, of course, your Equitable advisors IRA comes with the most valuable benefit of all – the services of a knowledgeable Equitable advisors financial professional. Your Equitable advisors financial professional can help you establish the IRA most appropriate for you and fund it according to your specific investment objectives and attitude toward risk.
Withdrawals are subject to normal income tax treatment and if taken prior to age 59½ may be subject to an additional 10% federal income tax penalty.
At Equitable advisors, we offer a wide range of individual retirement accounts (IRAs), including:
- Traditional IRAs
Contributions may lower your taxable income and earnings grow tax deferred until withdrawn, usually at retirement when you may be in a lower income bracket.
- Roth IRAs
Contributions do not lower your taxable income, but qualified earnings can be withdrawn tax-free.
- SEP IRAs
Simplified employee pension plans (SEP IRA) are designed to provide employers with a simplified means of making retirement contributions for themselves and their employees.
- Coverdell education savings accounts
Formerly known as education IRAs, allow you to set aside savings to fund a college education with tax advantages similar to those found in retirement IRAs.
An investment in a money market fund is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency.
Please consider the charges, risk, expenses, and investment objectives carefully before purchasing a mutual fund. For a prospectus containing this and other information, please contact a financial professional. Read it carefully before you invest or send money.
Please be advised that this content is not intended as legal or tax advice. Accordingly, any tax information provided in this content is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer. The tax information was written to support the promotion or marketing of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed and you should seek advice based on your particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
Securities products and services are offered through Equitable Advisors, LLC (member SIPC), 1290 Avenue of the Americas, NY, NY 10104, (212) 314-4600.
Equitable Advisors does not provide legal or tax advice.